Cam & Intercom For New Electric Gate.

LeeH

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi all,

What’s the best system for an electric gate? I have power and a CAT5E laid in a trench ready.

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
Hi all,

What’s the best system for an electric gate? I have power and a CAT5E laid in a trench ready.

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
"It depends" :) Not only on your requirements (especially budget), but also interconnectivity - eg do you want your cam+intercom system to be able to open your electric gate? Do you (still) want to employ your classic wireless-remote (eg for in your car) to open the gate? Etc.

I personally use an "oldskool" VTO2000A, which has the capability for signaling a relais from the Dahua app. Only disadvantage is that this particular intercom system uses a special VTNS POE switch, however succedors of this device do not require this (and use "normal" POE(+)). Do check the specifications!

Happy Camming!
CC

ipOsX

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have the Hikvision DS-KD8003-IME1 Video Intercom controlling my gates, via POE. For the core functions of opening/closing the gates and talking to visitors at the gate, it is excellent. But the alleged 1080P fisheye camera is rubbish imho - and its inability to record video PIR events to SD card is laughable; so I would recommend using a second camera to provide some decent video and still images of your visitors.
KD8003-Door-Station-installed1.jpgKD8003-Door-Station-installed2.jpg