Cam needed to watch solar controller screen

timinaz

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello from AZ... My question is most likely about cam resolution and/or PTZ. I need to observer a solar controller screen (3-4" wide LCD) and related equipment ideally from about 6' away. Indoor out of weather. PTZ would be nice to observe other equipment in room. From 6' would I need 1080p, 2K, 4K? I have a light to illuminate the LCD screen. WiFi or hardwire OK as there's a router nearby. Priced low-moderate. Thanks for any suggestions.

Attachments

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I suggest you consider the Amcrest IP2M-841 (re-branded Dahua) . It's ONVIF compatible, provides RTSP, is 1080p, IR, 2-way audio plus mike in/speaker out, has pan/tilt/digital zoom, wired or wireless and has alarm in/out, great with Blue Iris, VLC, etc. Available in white, black or silver for under $60. I got an e-mail 7/30 that it's on sale thru amazon for $48 with promo code # VD2FPSNC (still valid on 8/3).

P.S. - Welcome to IPCT! :wave:

EDIT 4/1/21: V3 of the IP2M-841 does NOT provide relay I/O nor jacks for an external mic and speaker.

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

timinaz

n3wb
Reaction score
I suggest you consider the Amcrest IP2M-841 (re-branded Dahua) . It's ONVIF compatible, provides RTSP, is 1080p, IR, 2-way audio plus mike in/speaker out, has pan/tilt/digital zoom, wired or wireless and has alarm in/out, great with Blue Iris, VLC, etc. Available in white, black or silver for under $60. I got an e-mail 7/30 that it's on sale thru amazon for $48 with promo code # VD2FPSNC (still valid on 8/3).

P.S. - Welcome to IPCT! :wave:
Thank you Tony... I've been looking at that one. Can't go wrong for the price.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

stewall

n3wb
Reaction score
Late to the party but I completely agree with Tony.
I also live in AZ and have one of these outside (under a patio) covering my back yard and pool. It stands up to the heat out there and is a dream to hook up to Blue Iris. With its infrared you may not need other illumination, depends on your set up.
I also have one of their bullet cams out front watching the driveway/cars, which is exposed to sun from about noon onward and, for AZ, that includes temps of 110+F, as you well know.
Just noted the Amcrest IP2M-841 on Amazon for $38.39. Killer deal so I am buying another!