Cam position change=trigger snapshot?

bucko

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I use a Vera controller in my HA system. I have a scene setup to fire if my front door opens. This scene sends a cgi call to a cam to move to a preset position, time out 2 minutes, and move back to another position. It works fine.

Once this cam moves, I want BI to record a snapshot alert and send via email. My cam is set to motion record, but this does not always record reliably. I want BI to fire whenever this cam moves to a new position, regardless of motion detection.

How can I get BI to do this please? I do not want to load Vera with this task.

djangel

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
... My cam is set to motion record, but this does not always record reliably. I want BI to fire whenever this cam moves to a new position, regardless of motion detection.
Did you disabled Suspend motion detection under PTZ/Control tab? That will trigger motion while the camera moves to different presets, although the snapshot might be too early before the camera reach the desired location.

2015-11-07_22-57-33.jpg

This thread might be helpful too:

https://www.ipcamtalk.com/showthread.php/3962-Triggering-BI-camera-to-record-with-HTTP-commands-works-with-VERA

SyconsciousAu

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
although the snapshot might be too early before the camera reach the desired location.
BI lets you send multiple snapshots by email

Camera Properties>Alerts

Tick the box that says email messages then click the configure button

Check the attach an image box and attach two or three images every one or two seconds

Email Alert Settings.jpg

That way you should capture a snapshot about the time the camera has traversed to the new position

Attachments