Camera advice

Reaction score
I have read the cliff notes and spent a few days on the forum. I am in the process of purchasing two cameras. One for the front door and one for the driveway/garage area.

I prefer POE and Starlight

For the front door: I was going to purchase the 5231 unless thee is a newer version?

For the garage area I would like auto tracking. I was thinking of purchasing the SD59225U-HNI 2MP 25x. Is there a less expensive option than this camera?

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I have read the cliff notes and spent a few days on the forum. I am in the process of purchasing two cameras. One for the front door and one for the driveway/garage area.

I prefer POE and Starlight

For the front door: I was going to purchase the 5231 unless thee is a newer version?

For the garage area I would like auto tracking. I was thinking of purchasing the SD59225U-HNI 2MP 25x. Is there a less expensive option than this camera?
5231ze still the go to at this time.
Auto tracking-you don't want to depend on it. It depends on your location.
I have that exact cam and the auto tracking is worthless in my situation, too many obstructions of the view to confuse it, others have the same cam and get reasonable results.
You are almost always better off to use more fixed cams in place of a PTZ. The PTZ invariably will be looking in the wrong direction when something happens.