Camera and NVR Recommendation

acd333

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,

First time poster here, looking for recommendations on an IP camera/NVR setup for a small office/warehouse.

I am planning to install 7 cameras at this location: 1 indoor dome camera, 3 indoor bullet cameras, and 3 outdoor bullet cameras. All connected and powered by Cat5e/Cat6.

I was happy enough to come across this forum as the Amazon reviews are pretty well all negative for any product I could find. I think I have narrowed my NVR selection down to the DS 7616NI E2/8P. It seems they are a bit more reliable than the Dahua from what I have read here.

Could anyone give me a recommendation of which cameras to use? Or if I am on the wrong track completely!

Thanks,
Andrew

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
Hello,

First time poster here, looking for recommendations on an IP camera/NVR setup for a small office/warehouse.

I am planning to install 7 cameras at this location: 1 indoor dome camera, 3 indoor bullet cameras, and 3 outdoor bullet cameras. All connected and powered by Cat5e/Cat6.

I was happy enough to come across this forum as the Amazon reviews are pretty well all negative for any product I could find. I think I have narrowed my NVR selection down to the DS 7616NI E2/8P. It seems they are a bit more reliable than the Dahua from what I have read here.

Could anyone give me a recommendation of which cameras to use? Or if I am on the wrong track completely!

Thanks,
Andrew
Dahua starlight cameras, 2mp.

Fastb

Known around here
Reaction score
acd333,
Welcome to the forum.
I suggest checking your NVR selection;
- Many report Dahua is superior to Hik
- That dvr looks expensive.
- seperate poe switch might be considered (as vs NVR w/ poe ports)

Also, go with one brand, avoid mix&match.

Fastb

acd333

n3wb
Reaction score
acd333,
Welcome to the forum.
I suggest checking your NVR selection;
- Many report Dahua is superior to Hik
- That dvr looks expensive.
- seperate poe switch might be considered (as vs NVR w/ poe ports)

Also, go with one brand, avoid mix&match.

Fastb
Thanks, looking into Dahua instead. I'll hop over to that side of the forum.

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
Thanks, looking into Dahua instead. I'll hop over to that side of the forum.
Mix an match is fine if you use blue iris lol. I think personally NVR's are limited and watered down but if you aren't wanting to do anything crazy go for it, I'd then use an NVR to match the cameras so all functions are supported.