Camera and NVR Recommendations

tripnotics

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello. I'm sure you all get this question on this forum a lot, and I apologize, for adding to that, in advance.

I've read some really good reviews and information regarding Hikvision cameras. I have experience using different Foscam's, as well as the Q-See systems.

I'm just looking for some general recommendations for Hikvision cameras and the approriate NVR.

My setup will be 4 outdoor camera attached to eaves of my house, and 1 indoor camera. All locations have Cat5e and power run to them, but I think I would like to use POE so that I can use the power line to use for something else (Thinking of adding outlets for Christmas lights, etc).

I currently have a Synology DS212j that I use for several purposes. I could use that as my recording device, but I think I might prefer something dedicated solely to this.

Ultimately, I'd just like to be able to see my feeds in real time from a smart phone/tablet, as well as record on motion.

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

fayor

n3wb
Reaction score
I want to see my hikvison nvr remotely. I have tried hiddns.com I could not see my nvr. I successfully add created no-ip account but I don't know how to view the camera with the no-ip

tripnotics

n3wb
Reaction score
Bumping back to the first page. Any recommendations? Can anyone help a newbie out? Thanks