Camera Auditing Policies?

ClarityAVS

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I work for a company that has over all about 1000 cameras across 27 locations with 9 more locations on the docket for me to install 10+ at each location within the next few months.

I've come across a few issues where footage was needed to be pulled from a NVR but the footage was unusable for one reason or another. Usually because of dust on the lens, moisture in the camera, etc...

What would be a good policy for me to present to local managers so that we can do auditing within each facility? I don't want the burden of going through each camera and setting up some type of tamper detection so that a notification email gets sent out.

Any ideas or past experiences would be much appreciated. I just hate to see all this money being invested on camera systems and not being able to utilize footage when it's needed most.

-All of our locations get fairly dusty.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I work for a company that has over all about 1000 cameras across 27 locations with 9 more locations on the docket for me to install 10+ at each location within the next few months.

I've come across a few issues where footage was needed to be pulled from a NVR but the footage was unusable for one reason or another. Usually because of dust on the lens, moisture in the camera, etc...

What would be a good policy for me to present to local managers so that we can do auditing within each facility? I don't want the burden of going through each camera and setting up some type of tamper detection so that a notification email gets sent out.

Any ideas or past experiences would be much appreciated. I just hate to see all this money being invested on camera systems and not being able to utilize footage when it's needed most.

-All of our locations get fairly dusty.
Hi @ClarityAVS

Sounds like a check list item for the cleaning crew or other group to once a week "clean camera lense"

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
what’s the best solution for cameras that aren’t reachable without a lift or extension ladder?
Hmmm... Well... guess that's a system design flaw you've discovered.

Normally I like to have most cameras mounted lower. ( can use a duster on a stick to reach the highest ones.. )

When doing v2 of your setup, maybe looking for cameras with wipers? ??