camera changes resolution when changing video standard

nknetzer

n3wb
Reaction score
i have a Hikvision DS-7604NI-E1/4P NVR, two DS-2CD2042WD-I cameras, and one DS-2CD2385FWD-I camera. I had the 2385 as my front door cam, and one of the 2042s on one side of my house. I messed around with settings, frame rates, exposure, etc, and changed the video standard from PAL to NTSC for both, without any problems. I recently connected the other 2042 to the other side of my house, and did the same for settings, but realized the resolution on just that camera was set to 640x360 for the main stream. I thought it was wiring, so i pulled it down, hooked it straight to the NVR with a premade patch cable, and still same resolution. I used the reset button on the back, and when it booted back up, everything was working correctly, until i put it into NTSC standard, then it went back into 640x360 resolution. The other two cameras are set to NTSC standard, and the resolution has not changed. Have i found a bug in the firmware of the camera or NVR?

munkiep

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
i started this thread, i dont know how i had two accounts.
I just tried this as well: i changed ALL cameras to PAL, and when i did, the third camera changed its resolution to 640x380 again. It's like i can only have two cameras in NTSC or PAL standard at a time :wtf: i dont have a fourth camera yet to see what it does

Last edited:

munkiep

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
another thing i've noticed, when camera is set to NTSC and motion detection is enabled, the recording shows motion was detected during the full recording, no matter how i arrange the grid