Camera conected only to BNC to VGA converter.

paganof

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,

I'm trying to help a friend fix his cctv but I'm having trouble figuring it out the wiring on it.

Can the camera be conected only using one coaxial cable and using the power of the vga converter?

Can anyone help me figure this one?

Thank you.

Attachments

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
That model looks like this one==>> here.

If that's it, then it operates on 5VDC so now way will it power the analog cam which is likely 12VDC.
I'd run the cams video (likely shield and yellow signal to center pin) into the BNC and run 12VDC to the cam's DC+ and DC- (likely red and black, respectively).

Use a continuity checker or DVM on Rx1 to determine and confirm wiring and color code on both ends of cam wiring.

What does the cam end look like? Generally there's a BNC for video and a coaxial power plug for 12VDC.

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

paganof

n3wb
Reaction score
That model looks like this one==>> here.

If that's it, then it operates on 5VDC so now way will it power the analog cam which is likely 12VDC.
I'd run the cams video (likely shield and yellow signal) into the BNC and run 12VDC to the cam's DC+ and DC- (likely red and black, respectively).

Use a continuity checker or DVM on Rx1 to determine and confirm wiring and color code on both ends of cam wiring.

What does the cam end look like? Generally there's a BNC for video and a coaxial power plug for 12VDC.
Thank you for the feedback, I will test the wiring as sugested and attach a 12VDC to it.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.