camera CPU load - multiple devices vs single devices consuming stream

camviewer43

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi,
After running my Dahua camera for a while on desktop, I've noticed it's slightly warm. There is usually only a single client consuming the stream, my NVR program. I was wondering if multiple clients consuming the stream would cause more CPU/heat? I've tried it myself, but it's hard to gauge whether it's actually warmer with just my hand. We get lots of bugs here, so I'm trying to minimize the heat from the camera to reduce bug being attracted to it.

I've also turned on IVS on my Dahua. I have not noticed it getting warmer, but my IVS also doesn't seem to work (I'm a newb at configuration), so I don't have a good feel on that.

Wondering if others have better info? Dahua firmware doesn't display CPU load. I don't have any power meter to try and measure current consumption as a proxy for CPU load.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi,
After running my Dahua camera for a while on desktop, I've noticed it's slightly warm. There is usually only a single client consuming the stream, my NVR program. I was wondering if multiple clients consuming the stream would cause more CPU/heat? I've tried it myself, but it's hard to gauge whether it's actually warmer with just my hand. We get lots of bugs here, so I'm trying to minimize the heat from the camera to reduce bug being attracted to it.

I've also turned on IVS on my Dahua. I have not noticed it getting warmer, but my IVS also doesn't seem to work (I'm a newb at configuration), so I don't have a good feel on that.

Wondering if others have better info? Dahua firmware doesn't display CPU load. I don't have any power meter to try and measure current consumption as a proxy for CPU load.
you can using onvif device manager and go to events to see cpu load