Camera custom http commands, or a better way of doing it?

TheSwede

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Hi all!

Still amazed about this V E R Y nice program and the amount of settings !

Im wondering if there is a way to add commands that is not working as 'I want' by selecting custom HTTP instad of the selected camera by brand or search.
I mean that if I select custom HTTP commands I need to assign all of the commands that already is working for the selectec brand/type.
Is there a way to choose the right brand/type or search and furthermore modify the commands.
PTZ f. ex. IR light on off and not day night mode.
I tried http sniffer to find out what command there were actually sent and it was working as I wanted but the there were other command that needed to be inserted.....20-30 instances... :-(

Yes I'm lazy but it's take some time to sniff commands and copy insert in Custom HTTP, each function...
ptz left, ptz right zoom out, zoom in, and so on.

Is it a way of editing the preselected commands for a brand/type ?

I have about 20 pc of 10 different brands and versions of cameras (collecting and still learning).

Brgds Roy

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
please specify exactly the brand/model of cam(s) you are unable to get working, and someone here will help you out.
BI should really be able to control just about any IP cam out there without resorting to custom commands...

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Im wondering if there is a way to add commands that is not working as 'I want' by selecting custom HTTP instad of the selected camera by brand or search.
I mean that if I select custom HTTP commands I need to assign all of the commands that already is working for the selectec brand/type.

Yes I'm lazy but it's take some time to sniff commands and copy insert in Custom HTTP, each function...
ptz left, ptz right zoom out, zoom in, and so on.
You mean like:
camIPaddress/cam/{cam-short-name}/pos=x
Performs a PTZ command on the specified camera, where x= 0=left, 1=right, 2=up, 3=down, 4=home, 5=zoom in, 6=zoom out

TheSwede

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Tnx for reply !
I got everthing working, mainly by aotoinsert.

What I mean is, if I go for custom HTTP when some command don't work then I need to go throu all the wanted commands.
Mostly its IR on off I want to control manually.

It is a lot of settings, ptz up dn focus brightnes sound IR and so on.
I want be able to modify just some the existing commands for the selected brand or Onvif omxl by search.

My cameras are, DCS-2230, DSC-930 DCS-932 Noname IMX291,Vstarcam (cheap!) ptz, Huisun v1 and newer v1 which behave diffrent, Dahua HDW5231R-Z and Dahua SD22204T-GN.
The 5231 is outstanding....

//R