Camera dark - power loss no signal 800274c check ip and port

duhtroll

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi -

Setup: Win10 desktop running Blue Iris 5.x latest. PoE Switch with three cameras running - an Amcrest dome and two Sunba PTZ cameras - the linked one and a newer d25X. Cat 7 100' cable for all.

Everything running fine until last week. We did have several lightning storms, though I am not sure that is the culprit as we have several (inexpensive) things just plugged into wall outlets and nothing failed anywhere else. The PoE switches and all my devices and hardware have decent surge protection and our city has all power/cable/net lines underground - we never lose power, like 1-2x in 20+ years and I have never lost a device living here. But it is technically possible.

Last recorded videos I had were Thursday night a week ago and I was making my weekly check/video storage dump on Tuesday when I discovered both Sunbas had gone dark. The Amcrest dome on the same PoE switch was fine as were all other devices including my other wireless cams. Only the Sunbas were affected. I know they weren't receiving power because the router did not detect them and the IRs didn't light up at night.

After a few resets and Blue Iris update (don't know if that matters) the newer Sunba d25x comes back online. The d20x is still dark and has no power - not detectable. Of course it also happens to be the only one I need to make a production of checking, haul out the ladder and climb, disassemble the mount to reach the cables, etc.

I left Blue Iris closed (& turned off running as a service) for a day and started up again today to see if that helped - no dice.

I need help brainstorming. It could be the camera or the cable as I have tested the switch and have a backup switch. The newer Sunba and the dome work with any combination of switch/power path. The dark camera will not work even isolated on either switch (in case it was lack of power to the port or something).

Blue Iris reads a fluctuating ~1.5 fps on this camera but no signal/pic/router can't detect. The error code is no signal 800274c check ip and port. I have rechecked the settings are all as they were and I have cross referenced them with the newer Sunba and those match (essentially the same model but different/newer firmware).

I cannot check/upgrade the firmware without power. My next step seems to be get out the ladder, climb up and try a new cable and see if that powers up the camera.

As long as it is still pouring here and I have to wait til the weekend to look at this, what else could this be?

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
My next step seems to be get out the ladder, climb up and try a new cable and see if that powers up the camera.
I would agree.

As long as it is still pouring here and I have to wait til the weekend to look at this, what else could this be?
I've seen network devices (routers, DSL modems, IP cameras, smart TV's, etc.) from time to time (not often, but I have seen it) perform their own reset, so to speak, and revert to default values after nearby lightning strikes and momentary power spikes even without sustaining permanent damage...perhaps they get the crap scared out of them, I don't know. If running a good cable from switch to camera to bypass the existing cable doesn't solve your issue, I'd leave that temp cable in place and attempt a hardware reset of the camera, assuming that's an available option.

duhtroll

n3wb
Reaction score
Had not thought of that but will try it when I get a chance thanks