Camera Disconnected message on Synology SS fix?

Fishman57

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi
After doing a hard reset and reactivation on my 3 Dahuas (HDW5831R-ZE) because my Config Tool password didn`t work any longer.for some reason. Everything was back to normal.The process was easy enough after I figured it out and a few attempts . Anyway, after a couple days on Synology SS one camera is off and a disconnected message appeared. I tried deleting and adding ,checking passwords and reactivating it. I can get to it with Config tool and adjust everything. It shows up with a green check when testing connection,and the LEDS on the switch are green although the one camera`s orange randomly stop and start. I searched for an answer and it seems this is a known problem. Does anyone have a fix or suggestion for re- connecting this one camera. Besides get Blue Iris! Just joking but I was thinking about doing it before I add more. Thanks

KCXLT

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I don't have much experience, but I am using Synology SS with HDW5442T. When adding the camera hit the Search next to the IP Address Box, then choose the "General Interface" Tab. My 5442 has two entries there, one does not show a MAC address, but the other does. Pick that one. And I have to leave the Brand as ONVIF and Camera model as "All Functions". Doesn't seem to work if I pick Dahua. My 5442T is not in Synologys database, not sure if the 5831R is.

Fishman57

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thank you for your response. I`m also pretty new at this. I tried your suggestion. My camera is in the database. Everything seems to be right. It worked fine until I recently did a hard reset on them all. After that I added them back and activated. The one camera worked at first then became "disconnected". There are suggestions as to what to correct like password ,IP adress etc. but everything appears to be right.I reset that one again yesterday and same result. This is written about for years on the Synology BB ,but not many solutions as far as I can tell...