Camera doesn't come back after power outage

dannieboiz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have a mix of HIK and Dahua cameras. I was working on the circuit breaker so I had to shut down the system. Now, 4 of the hik camera is not coming back all the dahua came back. SADP can see it on and off but I can't access the interface or anything. I've tried different POE switch and adapter still no go. What is my next option?

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
ADP can see it on and off but I can't access the interface or anything.
Wonder if they defaulted back to the factory IP address. If so, there can only be one device with that IP address turned on at the time. If multiple devices have the same IP address (and are all turned on at the same time), there will be issues where they appear to be on the network and then fall off. Might be worth unplugging all four of the problem cameras, then plug just one back in, check its IP, change to something unique (if necessary), then plug the next one in and continue that loop.

dannieboiz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Wonder if they defaulted back to the factory IP address. If so, there can only be one device with that IP address turned on at the time. If multiple devices have the same IP address (and are all turned on at the same time), there will be issues where they appear to be on the network and then fall off. Might be worth unplugging all four of the problem cameras, then plug just one back in, check its IP, change to something unique (if necessary), then plug the next one in and continue that loop.
My DHCP has IP reservation for all the cameras I checked my DHCP list and no IP conflict.

One of the camea was easily accessible so I factory reset it, enable DHCP through SADP and it came back. However, what's strange is, when I updated the HTTP port # to the old port, it acted up again so I factory reset it and left the port default to 80 and it's working now. Wonder if it has anything to do with the ports that's screwy.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
On older Hikvision firmware, I think pre-dating 5.4.0, customising the HTTP port could cause erratic and unreliable behaviour in the camera.
There is no valid reason to customise the HTTP port away from the default of 80.

dannieboiz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm gradually moving back to port 80... doesn't make any sense though I've been using a custom port for as long as I remember.

hk23

n3wb
Reaction score
hi I am not an expert and came here searching for an answer as in my country power outage is common so every time it happens cameras doesn't show up until and unless I plug out and plug in the supply. so when I am out I can't see cameras if power trips and come back so is there any solution of it?