Camera Dropping

h_2_o

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
OK have a bit of a strange situation and I have it mostly diagnosed. I have one camera that drops every couple of days. It is located outside and I have both the circular cable protector thing installed on it and also it is inside a housing. When it drops I have tried unplugging it from the poe switch to reboot and nothing, however if i go to the connection at the camera and unplug/plug it in it will reboot and work again for a few days. I am going to redo the connection on the plug end of the wire have not done that yet, but was also curious if i should put some dielectric grease on there as well or if anyone has any other ideas if replacing the plug does not work. anyway thanks for any help

h_2_o

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
OK i actually got it figured out but now am curious if someone has a solution. It is the female connector on the camera end :( has anyone ever experienced this before and before i go stripping the wires and installing a new ip68 female connector on there did they use the standard color pinout or something else? thanks