Camera Feed Randomly Lost one by one

orkado

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,
I'm working with Hikvision 16-port NVR and I have 9 UNV cameras, everything was working fine until I upgrade my internet from 80 to 200mbps. one by one the cameras are being disconnected with error network is unreachable, I check all possible reason and found that when I put the NVR offline to the internet everything works fine. but when connected it online cameras are disconnecting randomely.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Sounds like NVR possibly hacked?

Or too many simultaneous connections to mobile devices thru the net that is exceeding the bandwidth capabilities of the NVR so it shuts down cameras to try to manage the bandwidth.

orkado

n3wb
Reaction score

Or too many simultaneous connections to mobile devices thru the net that is exceeding the bandwidth capabilities of the NVR so it shuts down cameras to try to manage the bandwidth.
is it possible for NVR to be Hacked? i am using the default settings.
I will try to unbind first the Hik-Connect to see.
thank for the ideas.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Very possible for it to be hacked. Especially if P2P or UPnP or port forwarding are on and password is not strong or is the default password.

It is why most of us VPN back into our system instead of one of the above.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I'm working with Hikvision 16-port NVR and I have 9 UNV cameras, everything was working fine until I upgrade my internet from 80 to 200mbps.
How was this "upgrade" by your ISP accomplished.....with a phone call by you or was your modem/router replaced?

orkado

n3wb
Reaction score

it looks like the bandwidth, I am using 16ch NV with 9 cameras. when I open it from Mobile some of the cameras disconnect, any suggestion?

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
it looks like the bandwidth, I am using 16ch NV with 9 cameras. when I open it from Mobile some of the cameras disconnect, any suggestion?
"Mobile" is coming through the router which likely has the NVR's LAN running to one of the router's LAN ports; ISP-provided modem/router combo LAN ports (essentially a switch) are not known for decent bandwidth and can choke, a possible reason for your issues.

If your ISP cannot provide a modem/router with gigabit ports then perhaps you could put their modem/router in "bridge" mode and let it get you to the Internet but get a good gigabit router and run it outboard of the modem to do the routing to your LAN.

Asus and Netgear make great routers; be sure to get one that can support a VPN in it's firmware, especially OpenVPN.

Last edited:

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
That reads a little different vs the OP.

Are the cams actually dropping off of the NVR or do they just not all display in whatever you're using to access them via mobile?