Camera Firmware - 59230UNI

Ski

n3wb
Reaction score
TLDR - I updated firmware and the camera is acting weird. I hope someone here has an older firmware for a 59230UNI

I'm beating my head against the wall on this camera issue we've been experiencing. I have 4 major Dahua camera versions. All of them are sending EasyIP, uPnP, and multicast traffic which is getting thru to our Checkpoint firewall(and getting blocked). I was asked by our networking team to resolve this on the 200+ cameras involved. After much testing I discovered that the default firmware on each model didn't actually change any settings when I turned options off. ie: uPnP kept pinging the firewall, EasyIP didn't even have a spot to turn it off. I was forced to update every single camera to a new firmware. Fate was with me and almost all of the cameras came back online and are working correctly.

However... I have a single 59230UNI which just won't work correctly after the firmware update. I DL'd the latest firmware off of the Dahua site and installed it. At first everything seemed ok but the camera itself is just acting very erratically. Is there somewhere I can get a previous version of the firmware to flash it back? I've tried everything at this point. Reset all of the settings, Factory Reset the camera, turned every available option on and off. It's currently running: 2.810.0000000.4.R.E4.301e.3S.NR. I think my next step will be to attempt to flash the same firmware back to the device. There are no other cameras in my network of this model, so I can't do much testing to see if it's just this camera, or the firmware which is causing these issues.

If someone has an older firmware for this camera I'll be happy to test it out. Thanks for reading.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Try using Internet Explorer which is still available in Win10. Type "explorer" in the search bar. They'll pester you to upgrade to sludge, e, ah, Edge, but it will work. Many Dahua cameras are sensitive to which browser is used and they were built when Explorer was the king of the hill. Another trick is to kit save multiple times when making a change. This all assumes you have an admin level login to the cameras.