Camera firmware update through NVR4XXX-4KS2 POE?

rufunky

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
upgrade.png upgrade.png Curious if it's not currently possible to do Camera firmware update through NVR4XXX-4KS2 POE? This is the first time I tried and I got this message.

SkyLake

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
You need to upgrade the camera's thru the Camera menu, within the NVR.

Settings -> Camera -> IPC Upgrade

From there you browse to the correct / downloaded firmware file for the camera you want to upgrade. Then set a checkmark, and select start upgrade.

The menu you got, is for upgrading the NVR :)

Attachments

Last edited:

rufunky

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
You need to upgrade the camera's thru the Camera menu, within the NVR.

Settings -> Camera -> IPC Upgrade

From there you browse to the correct / downloaded firmware file for the camera you want to upgrade. Then set a checkmark, and select start upgrade.

The menu you got, is for upgrading the NVR :)
Nope, it is the camera menu. Accessed through the NVR behind the POE subnet as shown in the picture below. :)

NVR cameras.jpg

SkyLake

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
lol :D

You asked how to to do a camera firmware update through the NVR.
The Internet Explorer icons in the red circle, are for accessing the camera's web interface via / thru the NVR, because the camera's are isolated from the local network due to the NVR's internal switch.

Ok, you could still do the firmware upgrade from the second web interface of the camera itself, but this would be a unnecessary step in my honest opinion.

Anyways, you solved your problem :D

rufunky

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
lol :D

You asked how to to do a camera firmware update through the NVR.
Sorry Skylake, I could have worded my question better. What I was wondering is, if the upgrade feature in the cameras web UI that uses the Dahua servers ( tab shown in the first picture) to automatically check for any new firmware (and install) or verify that you have the latest firmware works correctly through the internal POE switch.

This is what I was trying to do when I got the above error. I also tried to manually install the firmware from a local file and it never completed. I had to unplug the camera from the NVR POE, connect to an external POE to do the upgrade.

SkyLake

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Ahhh ok, now we understand each other :D

My guess would be, that you got the Time Out error, because of a issue with the NVR connecting to the internet. It cannot reach the servers from Dahua. I would not recommend it anyways, and always do the firmware upgrades manually / locally. Not having the NVR connected to the internet.

When i do a firmware upgrade of one of my camera's, i do this from within the NVR. As i showed in the picture above. Except on your NVR you find that menu next to the Registration tab.
Or i just do it the hard way, and pull the network cable of the camera to be upgraded, power it via a DC supply, hook it up to a laptop, and do the upgrade via the web interface of the camera (without the NVR inbetween)

This way i've had no problems upgrading the firmwares. If i do it thru the NVR on the camera's web interface, then mostly it will fail.

rufunky

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Got it, sounds like web UI is a bit unstable. Thank you for the advice and help :)