Camera for Shed?

Scooby7274

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I want to put a POE camera behind the shed to monitor the back area where I have my equipment. I have an issue and need some suggestions on what to do.
There isn't enough space underneath to mount a Dome camera. I could mount a Bullet camera,but it would be facing straight into the trees,unless theres a camera that rotates 90 degrees?
I'm not aware of anything that could be mounted to the Shed that would angle enough to mount a Bullet to to cover the area I want to monitor.
Any suggestions/ideas,let me know. Thanks

Old Timer

Known around here
Reaction score
I have mounted turret cameras on the gable end and on the fascia board.
It all depends on how the building is built and where you want to cover.

Rob2020

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Take a look at the Dahua wedge cameras, it doesn't need a lot of clearance (about 1/2 height vs a typical dome) and it might work for you. They can be rotated and mounted a number of ways.

IPC-E3541F-AS-M is one such example.

Scooby7274

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Sorry for the delay,had some things pop up. Here's the picture of where I want to mount a Camera. As you can see,the area underneath is narrow.

Attachments

Scooby7274

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Is it wide enough to put a piece of aluminum stock in there and attach the camera to it?
Maybe. The visible part Is around 1 3/4 to 2 inches wide. I could possibly use a piece a little wider and just slide the ends over top of the siding.

Attachments

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I think it would work - you won't have a heavy camera and one or two screws through the stock should hold the camera. It may hang a little over, but sometimes we have to make do with what we have LOL.

Scooby7274

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I think it would work - you won't have a heavy camera and one or two screws through the stock should hold the camera. It may hang a little over, but sometimes we have to make do with what we have LOL.
What thickness you thinking for the aluminum stock?

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

Scooby7274

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

Scooby7274

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It is handy, but you'll need a 3/4" hole through the wall for the pigtail.
Something to consider. I rather have the hole coming from the top,but the side would be ok I believe.
Happen to have any pics of your camera attached to the 1/8?

Scooby7274

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
OK,now since the mounting option has been basically figured out, what Camera should I use? It's Dark back there at night.

Scooby7274

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Will either one work for whatever mounting option I use?

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Sure. A turret can be mounted horizontally or vertically with no problem. Since both the ball and turret rotate independently they can be aimed in any direction needed.

Here's a shot of a soffet mount, all painted and ready to go. I use two coats of aluminum primer, wash the bare aluinum with a scrub pad and dish detergent first, and two coats of semi gloss white. I allow a full 24 hours between coats of the primer and usually three days, or more, after the final finish coat to let it all harden well.

soffet mount.jpg