Camera goes off automatically

RDB85

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I’ve an odd issue with one of my cameras. It seems to go off automatically for no reason. I’ve checked on the search and there doesn’t appear to be anything odd. Checked the cable with a tester, continuity is okay, no shorts either.

It comes back on when I reboot the NVR.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Another camera or device periodically using the same IP?

Possibly a thermal problem, such as higher temps from heat, sun, etc. ?

RDB85

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Another camera or device periodically using the same IP?

Possibly a thermal problem, such as higher temps from heat, sun, etc. ?
Interesting, the cameras are all on their own IP.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Interesting, the cameras are all on their own IP.
Of course, all IP cams have their own IP.... either static or dynamic. My concern is one may not be unique and another device is interfering.

If those cam IP's are NOT assigned by a POE NVR's virtual server but if instead the cams are connected to your LAN via a POE switch, then those IP's should be static and either reserved in the router or even better, they should be taken from outside the router's DHCP pool.

RDB85

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Of course, all IP cams have their own IP.... either static or dynamic. My concern is one may not be unique and another device is interfering.

If those cam IP's are NOT assigned by a POE NVR's virtual server but if instead the cams are connected to your LAN via a POE switch, then those IP's should be static and either reserved in the router or even better, they should be taken from outside the router's DHCP pool.
The NVR is on my network. NVR has assigned the camera it’s IP address. Is there anything I can use to check there is no conflict?

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The NVR is on my network. NVR has assigned the camera it’s IP address. Is there anything I can use to check there is no conflict?
In that schema, it's likely not an IP address conflict within the cam section.
Is it possible to either substitute the cable that feeds the problem cam where it's at now with a pre-made cable
=OR=
bring that cam indoors, unplug the existing cable from the NVR and then plug the cam back into the NVR with a pre-made cable, replacing the existing cable?