Camera guidance

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Not replacing the PC but also including, in my system designs I will always allow for 2 points of storage the NVR is normally the secure location point of storage hence the term the SAFE. this point has limited access to users and most of the time, if a large premises most of the users of the system have no idea about it or it's location.
That is a good idea....

jmburton2001

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I think I'm going to pack it in for the day... You've all given me much more to consider and for that I'm very grateful! I've sent a long PM to milkisbad along with a schematic of our proposed system. In addition to "Reason 4" the SO has added an additional criteria, all interior cameras MUST "be pretty"!

I don't know if we can overcome this obstacle but I'll have to try! Maybe put them in a potted plant? As far as the NVR, it's a no go. We have a triple redundant backup system with one of them being offsite so I'm not concerned about a burglar coming in and stealing the equipment. We'll have his or her picture IF we get the right cameras!

Thanks again for all your help and suggestions! See you tomorrow!

badmop

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Somebody tell me this, when a camera is 2 axis, I've read that you can't wall mount it. Why is that? I'm not stupid, but I can't see why you can't? It seems like it would still be pointing where you need it too, just a little less adjust-ability.

badmop

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks, I'm going to start asking my questions on youtube, I did a google search the other day and didn't come up with an answer for what I needed.
:) :)

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I might be missing something here... Is the only difference between these two the shipping costs? It's the same seller (UScam). Is it pronounced "You Scam"? :sad2:
Yes, 1 is for 1x, 1 is for 4x. Hence 4x price.

88.9% feedback? Buyer beware!

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks, I'm going to start asking my questions on youtube, I did a google search the other day and didn't come up with an answer for what I needed.
:) :)
It's one of those obvious once you've seen it ones.

badmop

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I figured it out also about the 3 axis thing, but luckily the places I want to put a 2 axis camera, I believe it will work fine because the aiming won't really be needed. I guess i'll see, not a big loss if not.

I love watching how to and unboxing videos on youtube. My dahua 4mp will be here today for sure! :)

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Let me know about the Dahua badmop, I've got one on the way too but want to make sure!