Camera Image adjustment

dryfly

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I hope this makes sense since I'm confused about the correct way to adjust the image controls on my Hik cameras. I can use IE web browser to access the camera and adjust, use IE web browser to access the NVR and adjust each camera's image settings individually, or go directly into the NVR software and adjust each camera. Which is the correct means to do so? What's the difference in each application?

I've used all 3 methods and I can visually see the changes on the Live View on the monitor connected to the NVR or by opening IVMS4200 on my computer. I've been using this sytem for a while and should know this! Help appreciated.

dryfly

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
OK. Could you expand on that a little. What's the difference in adjusting the camera directly vs. using browser to access the NVR, or using the NVR software to adjust the settings?

In either means is there going to be a difference in the Live View or the recorded image?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
What happens is sometimes the NVR doesn't communicate properly to the camera, and the camera doesn't get the settings you set.

It is best practice to make any camera settings within the camera GUI itself. Any third party in-between, even if made by same manufacturer, tends to not hold settings.

Tons of posts here where people had problems with cameras not holding settings and once they went into the camera GUI, the problem was solved.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
OK. Could you expand on that a little. What's the difference in adjusting the camera directly vs. using browser to access the NVR, or using the NVR software to adjust the settings?

In either means is there going to be a difference in the Live View or the recorded image?
Sure, if you want settings to stick or be reliable, do all settings in the cameras gui.

dryfly

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
OK, thanks got it. I had previously been making all settings directly in cameras gui but ran into a weird situation. There was a setting missing in the camera gui that was on the NVR gui. I think it was the color "hue" setting. Normally it would be a setting that did not make any real difference, but in that case I needed to tweek it. Just got me to wondering.