Camera Install - Sloped Soffit

R. Rod

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm installing 3 x IPC-T2231T-ZS and one of them I have to place it on a sloped soffit.
Do I need to build a wedge so I install the camera parallel to the ground or is there something that you guys recommend that would work better in this case?
I'm using the PFA130-E junction boxes.

Thanks!

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
I don't see the problem. That turret should be adjustable enuf to get whatever view you need, even mounted at that angle under the soffit, unless you have eves that block it... It's not like a PTZ, that does require horizontal mounting for proper panning...

edit: after looking at one of my 2231's, i see you may have issues if you're trying to look out horizontally at 90 degrees from the wall. off to the side or down a bit would be no problem. in that case, a wedge shaped block of wood or L-bracket would do the trick...

Last edited:

R. Rod

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I don't see the problem. That turret should be adjustable enuf to get whatever view you need, even mounted at that angle under the soffit, unless you have eves that block it... It's not like a PTZ, that does require horizontal mounting for proper panning...

edit: after looking at one of my 2231's, i see you may have issues if you're trying to look out horizontally at 90 degrees from the wall. off to the side or down a bit would be no problem. in that case, a wedge shaped block of wood or L-bracket would do the trick...
Makes sense. Will try to mount them in the sloped soffit and adjust

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm installing 3 x IPC-T2231T-ZS and one of them I have to place it on a sloped soffit.
Do I need to build a wedge so I install the camera parallel to the ground or is there something that you guys recommend that would work better in this case?
I'm using the PFA130-E junction boxes.

Thanks!
HI @R. Rod

A: Perhaps. Perhaps not needed. You really want to test the position before making a final commitment.

You'll want to check that you can get the camera into an appropriate spot to reduce reflections back into the lens / get a better view - so you may need to make a wedge, or even more the camera down the wall a little.

Play with your setup first before committing to any particular exact position. Sometimes just 1 foot can make a meaningful difference.

R. Rod

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
HI @R. Rod

A: Perhaps. Perhaps not needed. You really want to test the position before making a final commitment.

You'll want to check that you can get the camera into an appropriate spot to reduce reflections back into the lens / get a better view - so you may need to make a wedge, or even more the camera down the wall a little.

Play with your setup first before committing to any particular exact position. Sometimes just 1 foot can make a meaningful difference.
Will do. Thanks for the advise!