Camera Keeps disappearing in BI

Reaction score
Hello, I have quite a few cameras from various manufacturers connected to blue iris. one of my cameras continuously goes offline within blue iris only (meaning, I can still access it from the mfr app, just not in blue iris. What's weird, is if I go into camera settings within blue iris, go to "video" and then "configure", and then click on "find/inspect", it will detect the camera and I can close out and then all is good again. And then a day or so later, it does it again. Any idea of what I can do to resolve this constant back and forth? Thanks in advance!

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I had a camera do that and deleting it from BI and then adding it back fixed it.

Reaction score
Thanks @wittaj , I tried that, and 1/2 a day later it said "no signal". I just went back into camera settings, hit "find/inspect" and now it's back. So weird. No idea what's happening and why. Is there a more detailed log somewhere where I might be able to identify more details as to what's happening or will it just say "signal lost" ?

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
what are the make and model numbers of the cameras that disappear ?
Are the cameras hardwired or wifi ?
Are the cameras POE or using a wall power plug ?
If POE are you exceeding the power limit on the POE ?

Provide a screen shot of the Blue Iris Status Camera tab ?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I seem to recall one of my cams would "lose" the ONVIF user and this would happen as well. I went in and made a new user and ONVIF user and it fixed it.

Reaction score
what are the make and model numbers of the cameras that disappear ?
Are the cameras hardwired or wifi ?
Are the cameras POE or using a wall power plug ?
If POE are you exceeding the power limit on the POE ?

Provide a screen shot of the Blue Iris Status Camera tab ?
Make and Model: It's a hikvision clone
Cameras are hardwired
Cameras are using a 24 port Unifi enterprise switch
I don't believe I could be exceeding the power of my switch. The switch has 400w POE power and I only have 6 devices connected to it.
Sorry if I sound like an idiot, but where do I get to the status camera tab?

I should probably also mention that I've had these cameras installed for years without issue. The problem only started when I backed up my blue iris settings and formatted the OS (because I was moving my file server to a dedicated rig and leaving this PC as a dedicated blue iris rig), re-installed blueiris and then imported all my settings. I never had this issue previously. I may also be worth mentioning that I have a static IP address assigned for the cameras because I had problems in the past where I'd lose a camera because of a power glitch or other issue and the DHCP would assign a different ip address than what blue iris was configured for. Thanks for the input!