Camera loosing signal for long duration

gsatish

n3wb
Reaction score
A camera is loosing signal for log duration, and it automatically get signal.. don't know why? any suggestions?

1645690894460.png

Mark_M

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Is your recording schedule set for 00:00:00 - 23:59:59?
That many hours offline seems like a schedule issue to me.

gsatish

n3wb
Reaction score
Is your recording schedule set for 00:00:00 - 23:59:59?
That many hours offline seems like a schedule issue to me.
Yes, its set for 00:00:00 to 23:59:59... different day different time for different duration, its loosing signal. so i think, it couldn't be schedule issue.

Mark_M

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Yes, its set for 00:00:00 to 23:59:59... different day different time for different duration, its loosing signal. so i think, it couldn't be schedule issue.
Where is the camera located? Does it have direct sunlight, could it be over heating in the afternoon?

What type of camera is it? IP/POE or HDCIV?
POE:
1. On the camera's web login, is there any reboot scheduled?
2. Is this an NVR with many cameras connected to it's POE switch - Is the power limit of the POE switch almost at max?

HDCVI:
1. Is the camera's power supply alright? Does it over heat around the afternoon each day?
2. Is there any device next to the cable that could interfere with the signal? Microwave for example.

gsatish

n3wb
Reaction score
Where is the camera located? Does it have direct sunlight, could it be over heating in the afternoon?

What type of camera is it? IP/POE or HDCIV?
POE:
1. On the camera's web login, is there any reboot scheduled?
2. Is this an NVR with many cameras connected to it's POE switch - Is the power limit of the POE switch almost at max?

HDCVI:
1. Is the camera's power supply alright? Does it over heat around the afternoon each day?
2. Is there any device next to the cable that could interfere with the signal? Microwave for example.

Thanks Mark

Its IP Camera, connected to 8 port POE NetGear Switch,
Reboot is schedule but thats once a week.. but that too shouldn't take a minute or two.
Yes, NetGear switch connected to NVR there might be 5 cameras attached to this switch out of 25 cameras in the network. Power of This Switch is about 30W per port 240W in total.