Camera Motion Sensor Trigger Rectangle smaller than camera....

nikleb

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi,

I noticed that some of my cam's do no longer movement at the edge of camera view.
Checked the camera "Motion sensor" settings and noticed that the the blue trigger rectangle is smaller than camera view for some cams. Not really sure why. I don't think this was the case with old BlueIris before upgrading.
How can I fix this and extend detection rectangle to full camera?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi,

I noticed that some of my cam's do no longer movement at the edge of camera view.
Checked the camera "Motion sensor" settings and noticed that the the blue trigger rectangle is smaller than camera view for some cams. Not really sure why. I don't think this was the case with old BlueIris before upgrading.
How can I fix this and extend detection rectangle to full camera?
That rectangle does not indicate the area motion is detected That is set in zones

nikleb

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I checked, I am not using zones (radio box is disabled). Should trigger then use full image? Or do I need to swothc on zone and select all?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I checked, I am not using zones (radio box is disabled). Should trigger then use full image? Or do I need to swothc on zone and select all?
yes, then it is using the full image for trigger.

nikleb

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
thanks. What defualt trigger window is used without the zone selected?

nikleb

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
then I wonder why my cam does not trigger on the edges?

anijet

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
no................. noticed that the the blue trigger rectangle is smaller than camera view for some cams. Not really sure why.........................
The blue square indicated the size of "Object size exceeds" in the object detection window.

Are you using "Object travels"?

nikleb

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I see two blue rectangles in camera trigger settings.
1.) small one which I though represents size exceeds. currently set to rather small. A squirrel will trigger it.
2.) a larger rectangle, perhaps about 75% of image area.

I do not use "object travels"

nikleb

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Probably.

I think I might figured out the cause. But might end up with trade-off?

I have the "reset detector when" on at 67%. I switched this on as a recommendation to reduce triggers caused by light change (i.e. cloud moving or similar)

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Probably.

I think I might figured out the cause. But might end up with trade-off?

I have the "reset detector when" on at 67%. I switched this on as a recommendation to reduce triggers caused by light change (i.e. cloud moving or similar)
That is not causing your problem.