Camera not recording

flyboy68

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have 4 cameras on my Blue Iris 4. 1 is not recording even though it's set to (record continuously) I checked the settings compared to other cameras and only thing I found different was the "create alert list images when triggered" box wasn't checked. When i manually triggered camera it created an alert clip but I can't view it in the app or desktop. App says "cannot open video" and desktop says "sorry the file could not be found" Any ideas? Could the camera be recording somewhere it shouldn't be?

Josh

flyboy68

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Update so I checked the "create alert list images when triggered" now i'm getting all the clips/alerts on the right of screen to replay. But when I click the clip or alert to play it says "Sorry, the file could not be found"

Surely someone has ran into this? My next move is to delete and re add the camera....

DLONG2

Known around here
Reaction score
Check out which folder you are storing the clips in under the 'Record' tab. Then go to the main settings, 'Clips and archiving', and look at the folder location as listed under the camera's recording tab, and note the limit size and clip age settings. Then navigate to that folder and see if the clips exist.

flyboy68

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
files are the same. deleted camera and re added...same thing...smh

flyboy68

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
restarted the camera to factory defaults, now it's recording but it's pixelated like pic below. What the heck? This camera used to be fine, it's maybe 4 months old. Live video is fine, maybe a little more blurry than normal....

Attachments

Last edited:

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
I’d bring one of the cams down and test with a short patch lead to see if it works any better.

flyboy68

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
So I changed from "Direct-to-disk" to "Re-encode with settings:" and it plays the clips now. The quality isn't great on the playback but it's working! Anyone know why "Direct-to-disk" would be causing issues????? All the other cameras are setup with direct to disk and work perfect.

flyboy68

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Something maybe worth noting...when on the BIPC i cannot login to the camera that's giving me fits via ip address. Go to another computer in my house and i can login just fine. If I had any hair left i'd pull it out...