Camera not triggering

Sabot

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Good day,
I have a camera that is not triggering either by walking in front of it or by the Blue Iris manual trigger. The camera has been operating for over a year, and I didn't make any changes to it that I can recall. I am in the process of reinstalling it in Blue Iris. I never had this issue before. Any suggestions on the cause? I am running the latest Blue Iris version. This post is related to one I posted in the Sentry forum last week. (link: Not receiving alerts ) There, you will find screenshots of my settings on the camera in question.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Running on the latest version is always a risk that something breaks. I would try rolling back to the most stable version or the version you were at that was working properly.

Many here do not use Sentry, especially now with the free options of DeepStack and SenseAI.

What could have happened is something changed in the recent update to further integrate SenseAI and broke Sentry in the process.

Sabot

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I fixed the trigger issue by deleting the old camera and reinstalling it. Now it triggers as intended. I'm still stuck on not receiving the email from Sentry. I will roll back to an older version to see if that fixes the issue. Thank you.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah, the email issue could be what was mentioned in your other thread - these companies have been tightening up their spam algorithms.

Sabot

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Solved. Turned out the issue was with BlueIris's mail server. I don't know why but BlueIris wouldn't connect with Gmail. I tried everything to get it to work but couldn't. I finally deleted the account and put a new account back in. This solved the continuity issue not only with Gmail but also fixed the issue with Sentry.