Camera Not Visible Anymore

rfj

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I just installed my DS-2CD2032. It worked just fine. As a matter of fact, I even have a video in Blue Iris that shows me cleaning up after everything was done. However, now it disappeared. SADP does not see it. Also when I look on my router I cannot see that camera under devices (but I can see the other Hikivision camera I have). I changed the IP address of the other camera that works just in case they suddenly somehow got the same IP address. I also removed the other working camera from the PoE switch and changed the switch port for the camera that does not work but without success. On the PoE switch I can see a connection and the IR LEDs on the camera are on. It just does not appear on the network. Any help is appreciated.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum..did you make your own cable? if so check the connections first. Did you set the camera for a static ip? or left it on dhcp? Did you reserve the ip address in your router so it does not assign it to another device? If all else fails the 2032 has a reset button on back...you need to hold the button while power is disconnected then apply power while holding the button for about 30 seconds..

rfj

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. This is not a home-made cable. The camera was set on static IP (192.168.1.242, port 8000). DHCP is for everything below 200. I already tried the reset but did it again just now holding the reset button for min. 30 seconds compared to about 10 before. I am not sure if it happened exactly when I reset the camera (the non-working one) but this morning the other camera was still working and now it also disappeared. It's the same as with the one that disappeared yesterday, i.e. SADP can't find it and I also can't see it in the list of devices in the router. Both get power from the switch, though.

rfj

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Never mind, my bad as the cable from the switch to the router came lose. After that long reset I can now see both cameras. So a 10s reset is not good enough. I did 30s before plugging in the cable, then somebody plugged in the cable for me while I kept pressing the reset switch for another 30s.

rfj

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
When I came home from work today, I discovered that the bullet camera got lost again. As before, it neither can be seen in SADP nor on the router. The dome camera is still working fine. What could cause that?

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I recommend you take the camera down and connect it to the switch with a short cable for a couple of days. This should tell you whether it is the camera or something about the cable.

Also, the cable might be fine but if you ran it near any electrical power wires this could cause a lot of interference. Shielded cable may help in this case.