Camera not working over POE? but works over LAN

sweet1

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hello all,

I have 2 x DS-2CD2432F-I(W) and they are working perfectly when connected via the power cable and normal ethernet cable.

However, I have brought one of these (https://www.amazon.co.uk/BQLZR-Injector-Ethernet-Adapter-Indicator/dp/B00S5Z6RAY) to power the camera using POE and it is not working. I have turned on DHCP on the camera's and uPNP is enabled on my Sky router.

The Camera's lights will come on when the POE cable is plugged in. Initially it is red then it turns blue which leads me to believe POE is working. I have tried 3 different ethernet cables and the result is the same.

I plugged the POE line into my work laptop and it connected to the internet fine.

When using POE with a Hikvision camera, is an IP address hard coded which I need to change? My router is not showing an extra computer has been connected and SADP (which can find the camera instantly when not on POE) cannot find the camera's.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated! thanks in advance

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Looking through the Amazon listing I don't see where the listing mentions that this unit is IEEE 802.3af-2003 or IEEE 802.3at-2009 standard compliant. These standards are mentioned in the Q&A, but not the listing. Purchase an inexpensive 4-port poe switch for a simpler and effective solution.

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
That would mean I would be getting a switch for one camera as I have this for the other camera... http://www.solwise.co.uk/net-powerline-pl-500av-poe.html - I have not had time to set this up yet

Can you confirm - if it works without POE, then it will work with POE without changing any settings?
If the camera's internal POE module if functioning then it certainly should. If the PL-500AV-POE device is working with the other camera why not try it to power the camera you are having trouble with? This would allow you to prove that the troublesome camera's internal POE is functioning correctly.

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
yes, if it works without PoE, you should not need to change any settigs in the cam to work over PoE.
ie, the power source is orthogonal to any network configuration.

I assume you've tried various cables (PoE to cam) to eliminate the possibilty of a bad one
(eg, passing only mode-B power and not the data wires?)

but you might have a bad PoE circuit in the cam. did you get it used?

LaurentR

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
The TP-Link linked by epcjay is a proper 802.3af (gigabit) injector and works fine with all the Hiks I have tried it with.