Camera on wrong subnet

CorporalCuddler

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have a router with subnet of 192.168.0.1 so everything on the network is 192.168.0.x

I just got another Hikvison camera that has a default ip of 192.168.1.64, which is on the wrong subnet.

I realize this is a networking issue, but I have been going through google search results for an hour and am amazed and frustrated that I have gotten no where. How the hell do I access the camera so I can change its ip to a static one and get it on the right subnet?

alphawave7

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Until somebody pipes up, do you have SADP app? I would connect the cam directly and run SADP to change IP to your lan specs.

CorporalCuddler

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Until somebody pipes up, do you have SADP app? I would connect the cam directly and run SADP to change IP to your lan specs.
I have installed the Hikvision app, the SADP app. It shows the previously installed cameras all connected and "active" and it also show the new one on the wrong subnet as "inactive". (this is all under the "Device Management" tab). So, I click on the option to "Activate" the new camera ... I create a password ... says "Processing..." and then "Operating failed!".

I had a Dahua camera with the EXACT same issue. Ran their software and the ip was fixed in seconds. Not sure why the Hikvision software won't do the same.

alphawave7

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Odd. I just downloaded the most recent version off Hikvision overseas, and it's much the same as my former version...it simply opens to my cam parameters, with the cursor already flashing in the change IP field.

CorporalCuddler

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I got it straightened out. I had to go to my computer that has a static ip. I changed the IP to 192.168.1.x from 192.168.0.x and then changed the gateway from 255.255.255.0 to 255.255.0.0. I then accessed the new camera through the internet browser and changed the ip of the camera to 192.168.0.x. I then went back and changed the computer back to the previous settings. It's working! Thanks for your time. Hopefully this will help someone else that gets stuck like me in the future.

jasauders

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I got it straightened out. I had to go to my computer that has a static ip. I changed the IP to 192.168.1.x from 192.168.0.x and then changed the gateway from 255.255.255.0 to 255.255.0.0. I then accessed the new camera through the internet browser and changed the ip of the camera to 192.168.0.x. I then went back and changed the computer back to the previous settings. It's working! Thanks for your time. Hopefully this will help someone else that gets stuck like me in the future.
That's exactly what I was going to suggest when reading over this issue. This method is my go-to route for anything I get that's already pre-set to a different subnet. I've seen dedicated wireless access points, etc., act like this too. It's a good process to have in your back pocket.

brazo

n3wb
Reaction score
I was having the same problem and found this fix. Worked perfectly! Thank you - liked.