Camera password change required?

nowandthen

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
When I log into my cameras behind my NVR I get a message that states "You are required to change the default password immediately". Can I ignore this? I prefer to keep admin, 12345 as the cameras are safe behind my Hikvision NVR, right?

Can I check "Do not show again" without issue? The reason I ask is I cannot log into 2 out of 3 recently purchased 3MP EXIR cameras using admin 12345. I know I checked the box "Do not show again" on at least 1 of these 2 cameras, maybe both, as I am now locked out of both cameras. Will checking the box lock me out? On 1 of the 3 cameras I have never checked "do not ask again" and I can log in using admin 12345, I always get the nag to change the password. Maybe later software has different password? Maybe sellers changed passwords after hacking? The 2 problem cameras bought from different sellers.

TIA

Last edited by a moderator:

nowandthen

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
The latest pw is 123456789abc have you tried that.
Did not work on either camera. :(

Still wondering if I got locked out because I checked the box "do not ask again".

I'm reading up on the password reset tool. Hopefully that will work without bricking the camera.

Last edited by a moderator: