camera picture quality question

born2ride

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
At night time the front house camera has an issue... i am thinking the ir is reflecting of the white azek trim. Any thoughts?

Short video of another concern with cam. Right at 3 second mark it switches back to being clear?

What settings should i look at?

blake

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Seems like software, ir reflection and photocell problems. Where did you purchase cam from?

ruppmeister

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
This looks to me to be a reflection back into the lens with IR light. Not sure exactly how you are getting that since the objects in your video don't appear to be close enough to cause this problem. It looks to me like you have a dome camera and the sponge that separates the lens from the IR lights is not seated correctly and the IR is bouncing off the dome back into the lens... but I see you don't have dome cameras. Is is possible that the camera body is not put together completely on this camera having problems? As if the lens is not seated within the housing all the way? It also looks like you are getting the camera to change between day and night mode in the clip you posted. Going from color to b&w would be normal if this is what is happening but the timing of how quickly it is changing seems a bit off to me.

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
for the day/night switching, adjust the sensitivity and filtering time in the day/night switch settings section.
some hysterisis is normal in vacillating low-light conditions like cloudy rainy afternoons...

but your cloudy night shots do look more like an unfortunately placed dome than a bullet or turret.
can you show us a picture of the installed cam and the immediate surrounding area?

born2ride

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Finally got home early enough to take the picture of where camera is positioned.
IMG_4610.JPGIMG_4611.JPG

Edit Dont know why the one pic is not straight it was when i uploaded

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
while thats a nice place to hide the cam, you're getting massive IR reflection off the downspout,
and also probably some off that little ridge at the edge of the soffit.
you could try painting the part of the spout facing the cam a flat black,
but you'd probably better off moving the cam to a less reflecty location,
like about 6" to the left in your first pic (out from behind the downspout)

born2ride

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I was thinking that . The reason it's under there it to get the front door and the road so i can see the the kids get on/off bus. I may need to get a wider field of view .

ruppmeister

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I agree that you are getting IR reflection from down spout. If you look at first image of thread you can clearly see the gutter in bottom left of image. I didn't notice it before but with your latest pics it is very clear what is happening. You are going to have to move it if you want a clearer night image unfortunately

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
I was thinking that . The reason it's under there it to get the front door and the road so i can see the the kids get on/off bus. I may need to get a wider field of view .
i think just a foot to the left (out from behind downspout) would eliminate most or all of the IR blowback,
and still give you almost the same view. at the red dot:
25056718949_8362911b05_z.jpg