Camera Placement

BobbyArcher

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have a motion sensor floodlight mounted on the soffit at the corner of my house that over looks the drive way. I am mounting 2 cameras at that location, a LPR camera aimed at the mouth of the Cul de Sac (80 - 100 Ft) and the other covering the driveway. Where should the cameras be mounted in relation to the lights? Should the cameras be behind or in front of the lights? I want to be sure that the LPR isn't affected when the lights come on.

Reaction score
Where should the cameras be mounted in relation to the lights? Should the cameras be behind or in front of the lights?
In general the cams should not be mounted near the lights. If you have to place them close, then the cams should be in front of the lights. If they are behind the lights then you risk light being shown into the lens.

Best way to know is to use a test rig to see what actually happens.

Test Rig.JPG

BobbyArcher

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I should have said a NEW motion sensor floodlight replacing one without the motion sensor. I'm replacing a LV-PB932F4 camera with a IPC-T5442T-ZE and adding a IPC-HFW5241E-Z12E and since I didn't have a motion sensor to turn on lights that would affect the video I was wanting to know whether the cameras should be behind or in front of the lights.

Thanks