camera reboot setting

trapper

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
i noticed one of my dahua cameras lost power in the early am and lost settings when it powered back up. I logged into the camera and noticed it was set for an auto reboot at the time it lost power. Apparently it has been rebooting but never lost settings before. Could my new NVR somehow changed this setting. I noticed all of my cameras were on auto re boot at different times but never realized it. What it the advantage of keeping the auto reboot on. should i disable auto reboot. Thanks for your help

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
If you are making changes to the cameras within the NVR GUI instead of the camera GUI that is how these things happen. Make all changes to the camera within the camera GUI.

Two schools of thoughts on auto reboot. Some are in the camp that phones, computers, cameras should be rebooted every once in awhile to clear out the junk that gets stuck in memory and isn't released over time and bogs and slows down the device; while others are don't turn off what is working in the event it won't turn back on.

trapper

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Thanks for the response. I will settle for option 2 and manually reboot if cameras show issues. thanks for the tip, on always making changes directly in camera never through NVR. That has gotten me in trouble in the past