Camera Recommendation

Reaction score
I have been scouring the internet to look for a new camera to go on my Blue Iris system. I am using some really old Linksys cams, while they still work, are not great by todays standards.

What I would like...
Desktop/Bookshelf type camera on a stand
At least HD quality
WIFI
Minimum 130 degree FOV
Night Vision
Not PTZ

Anyone have a recommendation?

Reaction score
Found one camera that is very close to what I want. Only 125 degree FOV but close enough. Couple of Amazon reviews said it did work with Blue Iris and one said it did not so I took a chance. It does!
It is a Wanesview K5
Amazon Link

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
WiFI and cameras do not play well together. You'll experience dropouts and if you add more WiFi cameras you'll get more dropouts. Cameras use a constant, never ending, non buffered, data stream so it cannot be compared to streaming a movie on NetFlix. Compared to Dahua, Wansview can't compete. If that's how you go, good luck.

This one also comes with WiFi, has pan/tilt and, from my experience with it, over a 100 degree FOV. It's actually an OEM by Dahua and offers full control of all parameters, unlike Wansview or other consumer level camera.

mcrest cheap indoor PTZ

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.
Reaction score
True. But if it does everything I need it to, what difference does it make?
Shoot, most camera systems (like RING) are pretty much all on WIFI without issue.

Just for my knowledge, what stats page are you referring to?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
BI camera status page that shows how many no signals and MP/KEY, etc.

I assure you Ring misses all the time and we have many people that came here after their Ring missed an event.

Bandwidth demands go up with motion and that is when the camera poops out.

Last edited: