Camera Recommendations for Body Shop

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

New to the forum and wanted to a recommendation for a system.

So opening a new body shop and wanted get cameras installed while the shop is still empty and we are figuring out how we going to configure the shop.

The Shop is 10k sq ft.

Interior Recommendations: I want to have coverage for our entire shop.(to minimize the "that wasnted there before") I ideally want to have a camera pointed at each work bay while the car is being worked on.

Exterior Recommendations. Right now I am thinking I need roughly 8 cameras to cover my exterior premises. Something that has good night vision too as there are lots of people doing illegal dumping on the property.

Paint booth: Is there a camera that I can place inside my paint booth where the over spray from the painting of the vehicle will not stay on the camera.(not sure if this exist) Was thinking of a feed that I link to our customers so they can see their vehicles being worked on.

My initial guess would be that I need at least 24 cameras.

I currently do not have a budget for this system as I will also need to purchase the rest of the equipment associated opening a new shop.

-thanks

Reaction score
fenderman

My initial guess would be a budget between 3 and 5 k , but i think the most important is that my nvr be able to handle it whether i get all the cameras now or add on later.

sorry my description isn't the best. just let me know what info you guys need.

the pup

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
fenderman

My initial guess would be a budget between 3 and 5 k , but i think the most important is that my nvr be able to handle it whether i get all the cameras now or add on later.

sorry my description isn't the best. just let me know what info you guys need.

the pup
Ok, you are looking at a 32ch NVR. My suggestion is to wait 10 about two weeks until the 4mp hikvisions are available from US sellers with warranty...the will be under 150 each...add the nvr and you are good to go...

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
@fenderman, do you think it's better to go with a DS-7732NI-ST and a separate 32-port (or 2x 16-port) PoE switches? Or DS-7732NI with 16-port PoE built in plus an extra 16-port PoE switch?
@PamperedPup, For the paint booth you are better off getting a dome camera and then cleaning the over-spray off the dome. You can get PTZ cameras with wipers but I think you'll end up destroying it.

Although night-vision is good... there's no replacement for lighting (both deterrent and improving CCTV footage quality).

3 to 5k sounds like a good sensible budget too.

Last edited by a moderator:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
@fenderman, do you think it's better to go with a DS-7732NI-ST and a separate 32-port (or 2x 16-port) PoE switches? Or DS-7732NI with 16-port PoE built in plus an extra 16-port PoE switch?
Depends on whether all other specs are equal and the price difference. There is an advantage in having the poe separate on a switch particularity in a large install, so you dont have to homerun each camera.
If OP wants a one stop shop solution with great return policy and warranty, this option should not be overlooked.
http://www.costco.com/Q-See-32-Channel-HD-NVR-Security-System-with-8TB-HDD-and-32-4MP-HD-IP-Cameras.product.100222134.html

Reaction score
the q-see set from costco, is that a rebranded dahua?

For my NVR, Im thinking that it doesn't necessary have to have POE. I was already thinking that I was going to get a POE switch because the building separated by a wall in it. So the body work side will be on and the paint side will be another.