Camera recommendations for these 2 spots please

nszasz

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,

I’ve been lurking and learning from this forum for a while. Ordered and received a IPC-HFW1831C-PIR from Andy and it’s working really well - very happy! Now ready to order 2 more cameras, but I’d like to get some suggestions from people with experience.

Background: I’m not technical! I have an 8-year old house with CAT5e installed. I used a Logitech Alert system before. Now replacing with cameras from Andy. As I’m a Mac user I’m using SecuritySpy software - and that works really well too. Just need to select 2 more cameras.

Objectives: Live in a rural and safe place - just want to monitor for unannounced guests. The one camera I have installed already is the IPC-HFW1831C-PIR on a mailbox post at my driveway entrance. It’s perfect - wide view and can catch license plates fine. That is marked #1 on my photo titled “roof and mailbox”.

So looking for a recommendation for #2 (roof and mailbox photo) and #3 in a second photo (view to deck) - both taken from the 2 floor roof of my house with an iPhone. I guess the distance from the roof to the deck is about 50 or 60 meters.

These 2 cameras have come up as a suggestion for my #2 and #3 position cameras. Can someone please offer advice?

IPC-B5442E-Z4E
and
IPC-HFW5231E-Z12E

Thanks in advance!
Nick

Attachments

nszasz

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks! Just put the lawns and those palm trees last week. Big project!
I've never used a PTZ model - do you have a specific model to recommend. I don't need to read license plates - but I want a clear/sharp made for the areas marked in the photos - and need not be the cheapest - want cameras I'll be happy with for several years. Thanks.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks! Just put the lawns and those palm trees last week. Big project!
I've never used a PTZ model - do you have a specific model to recommend. I don't need to read license plates - but I want a clear/sharp made for the areas marked in the photos - and need not be the cheapest - want cameras I'll be happy with for several years. Thanks.
HI @nszasz

I also have not had a outdoor PTZ, so I would recommend just reading some of the PTZ threads and seeing what others recommend here. Should be able to find a nice one that you can use for both watching over the area you like and scenic viewing.