Camera Recommendations

merkaba

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I don't think any of the cameras that have been mentioned have the ability to "talk back". Hopefully this isn't a deal-breaker for them.

Maybe they can set up just one such camera or a separate system to achieve this at the front door, for example.
Yea, from the research i've done there is not a great solution for this on these types of cameras. I've been told it's not worth the effort/money to attempt to get these to be able to talk both ways. I'm going to suggest they get a doorbell camera for that feature.

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
I don't think any of the cameras that have been mentioned have the ability to "talk back". Hopefully this isn't a deal-breaker for them.

Maybe they can set up just one such camera or a separate system to achieve this at the front door, for example.
Some cams around my property do have audio IN, some have nothing, but indeed, I opted to have a VTO intercom device at front door and electric gate, so I can shout at intruders :)

merkaba

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Some cams around my property do have audio IN, some have nothing, but indeed, I opted to have a VTO intercom device at front door and electric gate, so I can shout at intruders :)
What do you use for VTO intercom device? that seems like a cool idea.

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
What do you use for VTO intercom device? that seems like a cool idea.
Here you are: [Review] VTO2000A & VTH1550CH & VTNS1060A Intercom Kit

There are "newer" models, which do not require that specific POE switch (VTNS), but it does what it needs to do! Fancy touchscreen (with capability to view other cams/nvr footage).

Best thing of this VTO is that my NVR can 24/7 record the VTO stream too, so I can listen to what people say to each other before they ring :p