Camera recordings are fuzzy/ghosting

Reaction score
Hi there,

I am new to blue iris and built my first system about a month ago.

I am having an issue with recordings being fuzzy and ghosting.

My system is an Intel i7 8700k, 16gb ram and I also have a 2gb external graphics card installed.

I have 6 x Dahua IPC-HDW5231R-ZE cameras.

I have optimised the system according to this thread: Optimizing Blue Iris's CPU Usage | IP Cam Talk

I have manually set all the cameras to 15fps in their web interface and manually set the FPS to 20 in the blue iris camera settings. (I saw someone say this should be done?)

Anyway in most of my recordings they are black to start with and then the videos are pixelated and there is a lot of ghosting.

Could someone please help me use the right settings to rectify this? Thanks in advance.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi there,

I am new to blue iris and built my first system about a month ago.

I am having an issue with recordings being fuzzy and ghosting.

My system is an Intel i7 8700k, 16gb ram and I also have a 2gb external graphics card installed.

I have 6 x Dahua IPC-HDW5231R-ZE cameras.

I have optimised the system according to this thread: Optimizing Blue Iris's CPU Usage | IP Cam Talk

I have manually set all the cameras to 15fps in their web interface and manually set the FPS to 20 in the blue iris camera settings. (I saw someone say this should be done?)

Anyway in most of my recordings they are black to start with and then the videos are pixelated and there is a lot of ghosting.

Could someone please help me use the right settings to rectify this? Thanks in advance.
Are you using smart codec/h.265+?

Reaction score
Match the iframe interval to the fps...post a video of what you are seeing..
What version of blue iris are you using
Thanks fenderman, I have updated camera settings and will review some new recordings. Am using latest version of blue iris. If problem persists I will upload some video examples.

Terk

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I'm getting this ghosting as well after moving to a new Blue Iris machine and updating the Intel Drivers from the Microsoft defaults (if I turn off hardware acceleration the videos look great but the CPU usage jumps up 20% or so), I just changed the iframe to match the fps to see if that helps, here is a video of what I'm seeing.

Terk

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
It turns out the video driver had updated before I had disabled updates for that HW ID, I uninstalled that and installed the one listed in the WIKI and disabled updates again and now it appears to be working fine.