Camera selection and placement at campground…continued

actruck

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
This is in continuation to a cable post I made several weeks ago.

I needed to get some pictures of the surroundings before I ask more questions.

This is what I’m trying to capture from a camera mounted on the telephone pole mentioned earlier in this post.

I would like to be able to see the front door area and the left side of the building, where the covered golf cart is sitting. The distance from the front door to the pole is roughly 75ft. This doesn’t take into account the camera being mounted high on the pole which will add distance.

I have a camera above the front door but it doesn’t show enough due to being so close. It’s right above the dust to dawn light. I also have 2 cameras on the pole to the rear of the building. One faces the cart while the other captures the rear door of the building.

I have all Hikvision bullet cameras at this location currently but think I would like to go with a turret for this connection.

What would be the best camera for this application? I’m also open to other placement ideas as well.

Here’s the original thread asking about the cable.

https://www.ipcamtalk.com/showthread.php/10636-100ft-cat5e-cable-run_strain-releif

Thank You.

Attachments

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
if your going to go up high, with those mountains and stuff off in the distance.. it looks like you got a good spot for a PTZ, it can zoom in and get the shot you want when parked and then be used to check out the area at night, or just the weather/mountains/wildlife.

for 60-75ft you need 50mm optics to get any ID shot, but that could be a good spot for some >100mm optics from the looks of it..

actruck

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
if your going to go up high, with those mountains and stuff off in the distance.. it looks like you got a good spot for a PTZ, it can zoom in and get the shot you want when parked and then be used to check out the area at night, or just the weather/mountains/wildlife.

for 60-75ft you need 50mm optics to get any ID shot, but that could be a good spot for some >100mm optics from the looks of it..

Would you happen to have a camera in mind that would be a good candidate? I have 6 cameras now, all on BI running on a Dell Xeon server. Will I be able to add the new camera with no software hiccups?

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Ive got the infamous dahua black face ptz, you can find more info here: http://www.networkcameracritic.com/?p=2346

there is a updated model out now that's 4MP and has IVS features for the same price I paid for my 2MP one a couple years ago... they are not cheap, but they are one of the best you can get.. they have a bit of uptilt so it'd be great for looking at weather/mountains.

if the sticker price makes you choke on your cherrios look at the Huisun