Camera Setup for Streaming wildlife live

ipflink

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello
New to forums. I need a camera to stream live on youtube. Subject: humming birds and general wildlife.

Hardware questions:
I am looking for PTZ and was wondering what type of camera would be suited best for the project. Need a cost effective option, a NVR product or a dedicated device to stream to Youtube?

Prefer PTZ since I can zoom in and move camera without disturbing the wild. Also, is 60fps overkill for recording wildlife?

As far as budget goes, I like to keep this project under $1k if that is possible if not I am prepared to spend more. Do I need to spend that much to stream? I will need a decent picture.

If you have any sugestions or If you can point the direction I should be looking it would be much appreciated.

TIA

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Based how far away you want to watch at, for 25X 4K normally if good enoug for watching.
Camera support RTMP to do the liveview via youtube, no need NVR, use a POE injector PFT1200 to power it would be great.

YouTube

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Also, is 60fps overkill for recording wildlife?
Yes, 15FPS is adequate.

Look at threads by @TRLcam ; he's done several installs outdoors and also live stream to YT.

Last edited:

ipflink

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes, 15FPS is adequate.

Look at threads by @TRLcam ; he's done several installs outdoors and also live stream to YT.

Thanks for that I will.

How do I connect to Youtube to stream without a NVR or some other device, what am I missing?

Where is a best place to purchase cameras for this?

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
How do I connect to Youtube to stream without a NVR or some other device, what am I missing?
YT livestream works with RTMP protocol. Select cameras use RTMP to livestream to YT directly, no NVR needed.

A camera that has only RTSP or MJPEG can stream to OBS running on a PC then that PC can convert it to RTMP and connect to YT to livestream that camera.

You create a YT/Google Account, log into YT with your username and password then go to YouTube Studio to create your livestream. You validate your upload with a stream key that YT assigns to that specific livestream. This info can be found on YT

You can get a Dahua-OEM'd camera that will use RTMP directly to YT from @EMPIRETECANDY

Where is a best place to purchase cameras for this?
Empire Tech's @EMPIRETECANDY

Last edited:

ipflink

n3wb
Reaction score
YT livestream works with RTMP protocol. Select cameras use RTMP to livestream to YT directly, no NVR needed.

A camera that has only RTSP or MJPEG can stream to OBS running on a PC then that PC can convert it to RTMP and connect to YT to livestream that camera.

You create a YT/Google Account, log into YT with your username and password then go to YouTube Studio to create your livestream. You validate your upload with a stream key that YT assigns to that specific livestream. This info can be found on YT

You can get a Dahua-OEM'd camera that will use RTMP directly to YT from @EMPIRETECANDY

Empire Tech's @EMPIRETECANDY
Is there a PTZ version I like to move it without having to manually re-set the camera every time.

And do I need a special controller to handle a PTZ with a laptop?

Thanks again

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Can set up the presets and keep touring. Manual control on pc is fine, but use a keyboard will be very smoothly if you play a lot on it

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Use this joystick