Camera showing as offline after being able to add it in SmartPSS? IPC-T5442T-ZE

Reaction score
Hi guys - I have a IPC-T5442T-ZE that I just purchased from Andy. I have it connected to my ethernet switch along with my desktop computer. When I add the camera to SmartPSS, the camera shows up right away and I am able to add it. The issue I am running into is that once the camera is added from the "Auto Search", it shows that the camera is offline. Any idea why this would happen? This is my very first time trying to connect to an IP camera so I am sure I did something wrong here. I should note that the IP address of the camera is different than the IP address of my computer. I am not sure how to correct that or if it needs to be corrected.

Annotation 2023-07-10 090857.png

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
If it's not a POE NVR and the cam is plugged into a POE switch, then the cam and the NVR's LAN need to be on the same subnet.

Note the current IP of the NVR's LAN.
Unplug your PC's Ethernet from where it is.
The default IP for the cam is likely 192.168.1.108; set your PC to a static IP of 192.168.1. 17, subnet mask of 255.255.255.0, no gateway or primary DNS IP needed and plug the Plug the PC into the same switch as the cam.
You should now be able to open a browser to the cam's default IP and set it up to be the same as the NVR's LAN; make it a unique IP and one that is outside of your router's DHCP pool.
Return the PC's IP settings to what it was before you changed it and plug it back in where it was.

Reaction score
If it's not a POE NVR and the cam is plugged into a POE switch, then the cam and the NVR's LAN need to be on the same subnet.

Note the current IP of the NVR's LAN.
Unplug your PC's Ethernet from where it is.
The default IP for the cam is likely 192.168.1.108; set your PC to a static IP of 192.168.1. 17, subnet mask of 255.255.255.0, no gateway or primary DNS IP needed and plug the Plug the PC into the same switch as the cam.
You should now be able to open a browser to the cam's default IP and set it up to be the same as the NVR's LAN; make it a unique IP and one that is outside of your router's DHCP pool.
Return the PC's IP settings to what it was before you changed it and plug it back in where it was.
Thank you very much, this was the solution.