Camera sound? camera system update...

firefly556

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Can you guys post how you have the sound settings on your cameras. The new cameras i have do have a mic but the sound is coming in very low on the monitor. Plus I have no idea what the sound settings should be. Also is there a thread/post where you guys post screen shots of your cameras settings. That would be a big help to be able to see and then I could twick the settings from there to suit my needs. To be honest I have no idea today. when I first did this set up years ago I got most of my knowledge from this site but now I am starting from zero again.

By the way the cameras i did buy like 3 years ago couple starlight from andy and then some off brand cheapo dahua clones 6mp ir have been working flawless for three years. I wish I could get this type of quality from everything I purchase from amazon. I am at loss for words about the quality of the nvr and the cameras. Hell 1 of andys camera I have wired in just setting on window ledge. I had the cable on the floor where it was walked on tripped over for three years and still works like new. The stuff has been hit by countless power surges etc... and still works no surge protector connected either.LOL When I first put this in I didnt have much time to do it right but shit it worked out great and so I just left it alone.

Only time the NVR has been powered off is when the power goes off and to my amazement it boots right back up every time. Even the cheap Ir iluminators from amazon tenderlux brand i think.... have worked flawlessly. couple I have mounted, others I have just laid on window seal or on a tree stump never got around to mounting them. I did find that mounting those lower to the ground work way better. Only mod to those is I used marine goop on all the edges, screws, and seals etc... and that seems to have done the trick.

Only maintenance to the IR lum. and cameras is I wipe the things down with alcohol wipes once or twice a year. Never had a problem with spiders but I do keep my place sprayed monthly.

I did catch a peeping tom/theif, had the sheriff write couple people tickets for litering, plus ticket 2 local idiot kids stupid enough to line up at my drive way to drag race and Caught about half dozen trespassers in three years. Word is out and I have no problems these days. I do supplement my current set up with 4 cell phone deer cameras at choke points on approaches to my house that are out of the range of my main cameras.