Camera storage SD card for all events instead of only "human" ones

Reaction score
Hi,

I have the following camera : DS-2CD2087G2H-LIU.
I set "basic events" and "smart events" with "human" detection only.
For all events, i have enabled "notify center" and "upload to memory card" in the "trigger recording".
In "storage section", I have configured storage on "event".

It works very well for notification, I only received notification when a "human" is detected !
But when go in the playback section, i can see the each time the camera detect something (event not a human (e.g. a moving leaf, a moving insect, ...), the camera records (even if it not a human)...

What shall I do to trig recording only when human is detected ?

Thank you for your help.

Christophe

Last edited:

trempa92

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
basic events aka motion2.0 which is event, is really bad calibrated for most scenes. Problem is that for that event we do not have min/max values to calibrate on our own, hence it will trigger for alot of stuff which isnt human or vehicle.

I suggest shutting down motion 2.0 entirely and sole rely on smart events, if needed make multiple line crossings/intrussions rather than having motion on.

Cheers,

Reaction score
Thank you for your answer.
But why i only receive notification when basic event detect human while it stores in memory card not only for human ?

trempa92

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Because as you said you have 2 events enabled, perhaps on smart event you have ticked Notify surveillance center, while on Motion 2.0 aka basic event you didn't.

trempa92

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Can you turn of motion 2.0 for testing purposes? You shouldn't have any other footage than human/vehicle.

What firmware are you on atm?

Reaction score
The firmware version : V5.7.14 build 231213

I did the test, and now I only have events when human is detected which are written on the memory card.
I don't know if it is a bug or if it is normal...

Conclusion, for my purpose,I will only let smart event enabled.

Thank you!