Camera Suggestion

Rickoo

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I posted this in the chit-chat section, but maybe it would be better to post here. Hope that's okay!

So, now I'm looking for a camera that can mount about eight feet away from a bird feeder that can focus on the feeder only. So, I'm assuming a vari-focal style that can be zoomed in on the feeder. Also need audio and would prefer to use PoE from the camera ethernet cable and not to wire separate power to the location. Recording isn't really needed but I would like the flexibility of using an NVR at a later point in time. Wiring it directly to my router for access from a pc would be fine.

From what I've read, it looks like I need a camera that accepts a mic level input? It also looks like this option narrows down camera choice dramatically. Not sure why this isn't offered on more cameras. IR isn't a consideration being that the camera really wouldn't be used at night. So, I'm thinking maybe a 4k+ camera might be best to give better definition of the birds? Maybe not?

Would a bullet style camera allow me better flexibility on the mounting position? I've read the disadvantages of a bullet is spider webs and such. This camera would easily be accessed for cleaning if needed. A dome style camera might also work.

Does such a thing exist for what I'm trying to accomplish? Any suggestions on a camera that fits these needs?

Thanks!!