Camera System Newbie; Fire Chief

GRFD702

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello folks!
I'm a camera system newbie, Assistant Fire Chief in Gravel Ridge Arkansas, (Sherwood Arkansas city limits) and as a fire department, we are having a security problem with vehicle vandalism. In doing some research on camera systems, I decided to go straight to the experts. Forums have never let me down, as you guys know MUCH more than the big box store salespeople or even most "security" companies. We don't have a large operating budget, so I need to be able to put together a good low light camera system. Our vandals are operating at night and have hit 6 of our personal vehicles so far. HELP!!!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hello folks!
I'm a camera system newbie, Assistant Fire Chief in Gravel Ridge Arkansas, (Sherwood Arkansas city limits) and as a fire department, we are having a security problem with vehicle vandalism. In doing some research on camera systems, I decided to go straight to the experts. Forums have never let me down, as you guys know MUCH more than the big box store salespeople or even most "security" companies. We don't have a large operating budget, so I need to be able to put together a good low light camera system. Our vandals are operating at night and have hit 6 of our personal vehicles so far. HELP!!!
Welcome to the forum. In addition to good cameras, you might consider real time monitoring of the cameras by a service like nighthawk monitoring that is run by a member here @bababouy he has plenty of exciting videos on his youtube channel to prove how effective the service is. Remote Video Surveillance Monitoring - CCTV Security Cameras - Florida

bababouy

Known around here
Reaction score
@GRFD702 If you are looking for a solution, you will need the 2MP Dahua Starlights that everyone uses here. I would be willing to give you a few months of our service for free, with no obligation, once the cameras are up and running, just to catch these guys in the act. We can also give you a deal on the cameras and NVR being that this would go to a good cause. You guys need to focus on saving lives and getting rest when you can. Feel free to PM through the forum here so we can go over details.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
@GRFD702 If you are looking for a solution, you will need the 2MP Dahua Starlights that everyone uses here. I would be willing to give you a few months of our service for free, with no obligation, once the cameras are up and running, just to catch these guys in the act. We can also give you a deal on the cameras and NVR being that this would go to a good cause. You guys need to focus on saving lives and getting rest when you can. Feel free to PM through the forum here so we can go over details.
This is fantastic!