Camera time

dohat leku

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Guys - oddly enough, out of all 6 Dahua cameras purchased all from Andy, only one has only recently started giving me time zone issues. Super odd given nothing has changed and it's worked perfectly well for over 2 years. Same software running on all cameras too. Any troubleshooting I can do apart from a software upgrade which I'm a little fearful of in case it bricks it

1693071099593.png

Running 2.800.0000013.0.R, Build Date: 2019-12-02 and unless there is a lot more functionality gained through an upgrade (it's integrated with blue iris), I would like to stay away from upgrades

Thanks

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I had a camera that did that after a couple years of flawless performance and 3 factory resets and setting up the camera from scratch solved it.

dohat leku

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Understood. Should I look into the upgrade too if I have to set up from scratch anyways? Or no functionality improvements really with the upgrade?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I wouldn't risk it. Cause if that goes well, then you will be tempted to update the other cameras running same.

We had a post here were someone had 4 or 6 of the same camera and after updating a few of them the next one bricked.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Guys - oddly enough, out of all 6 Dahua cameras purchased all from Andy, only one has only recently started giving me time zone issues. Super odd given nothing has changed and it's worked perfectly well for over 2 years. Same software running on all cameras too. Any troubleshooting I can do apart from a software upgrade which I'm a little fearful of in case it bricks it

View attachment 170851

Running 2.800.0000013.0.R, Build Date: 2019-12-02 and unless there is a lot more functionality gained through an upgrade (it's integrated with blue iris), I would like to stay away from upgrades

Thanks
The IP of the NTP server "10.6.6.168"...... what device is that exactly? The NVR? EDIT: your BI server running something like NetTime?

Last edited:

dohat leku

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It’s my firewall
I’ll take your advice and Al just do factory reset and set up from scratch

side question - are there any decent 8k cameras now with audio mic built-in or is 4k the best choice these days? 4 years ago, i went with the 2k cameras as it was the most common choice

thanks

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
8k no.

4k there are some great low light performers that make great overview cameras, but many are finding the very shallow focus distance depth where anything shorter or longer than that focus distance circle is blurry so it doesn't work for many for identify purposes if they are not in the focus sweetspot.

Many consider the 4mp on the 1/1.8" sensor like the 5442 series to be the sweet spot for surveillance cameras.

roaoro

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I find that I have to change the times for DST timezone and ntp servers on all of the cameras and nvr for everything to sync up correctly

dohat leku

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
For the time being, I took the easiest route and just set it to Atlantic time. I think the time difference between Atlantic and EST is 1 hour throughout the year so this should work