Camera triggered presets in blue iris 5

Cleve

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have a camera about 1000' from my house. It sends its signal to the house through a radio bridge. I have a PTZ camera that I have programmed to respond to certain presets based on the camera being triggered. But I can't seem to program the radio bridge camera to trigger the PTZ when it is activated. All the others work so my guess is its something to do with the bridge. Any suggestions?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Are you seeing the camera in Blue Iris and it isn't dropping signal? Post a screenshot of the Blue Iris Status and the cameras tab showing if there are any dropouts.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Provided it is not dropping out in Blue Iris, follow these steps:

Go into the camera setting for Blue Iris for the PTZ and redo the Find/Inspect as that will bring the Presets in from the camera - they have to be from the camera GUI.

Next go into the camera settings in BI for the PTZ and in Groups create a group for the PTZ - FrontPTZ or something.

The preset is based on what is in the PTZ, so if there is a preset you want the fixed cam to go to and you don't have the PTZ preset for that, then create a new Preset for the area you want and then a IVS rule for it (if it is a Dahua autotrack). Remember the number of that new preset.

Then go to the fixed camera setting and on the motion settings page, under When Triggered, check the trigger camera groups and then select the group name for the PTZ, then go down and check the Move to preset number you just created in the PTZ and then check Move camera groups and select the group and then you have a spotter cam!

1612839524569.png

Cleve

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The camera is working great, no issues their that I can see. On all the other cameras I went under "Alerts", set up a "Do command", the "Command: PTZ preset 4", "Camera: PTZ."

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The camera is working great, no issues their that I can see. On all the other cameras I went under "Alerts", set up a "Do command", the "Command: PTZ preset 4", "Camera: PTZ."
OK, try the way I posted just before this post.

Cleve

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have Amcrest Cameras, and all of the presets have been downloaded to BI and all other cameras respond to presets using the method in my previous post. The camera on the bridge is the only one not responding. Do I still need to set up "Groups"?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Interesting. If it works for all but that one, then I think try the ole delete that camera from BI and re-add it. You would be surprised how many things that has fixed for folks on this forum over the years.

The bridge shouldn't be the issue.

What if you manually trigger the camera - does the PTZ move then?

Cleve

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Interesting. If it works for all but that one, then I think try the ole delete that camera from BI and re-add it. You would be surprised how many things that has fixed for folks on this forum over the years.

The bridge shouldn't be the issue.

What if you manually trigger the camera - does the PTZ move then?
It does not. I triggered it from the test screen after setting it up, no luck, saved the settings and tried to trigger it from the drop down box in blue iris and still no luck. I will try the uninstall though, and see what happens.

Cleve

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You were RIGHT!! The ole delete and reinstall did the trick! Thanks!