Camera type and placement question

actruck

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I’d like to install several cameras at our residence, on the garage and on the house. I’ve already had my car broken into and items stolen while on the driveway so it’s time to install cameras.

I’d like to install one on the front of the garage and one on the top left corner of the house. The one on the garage would capture in front of the garage/driveway. The one on the house would capture the front door area. I’m open to other placement ideas as well. The front door is to the far right of the attached photo. You can barely see the burgundy frame.
I have a number of the HikvisionDS-2CD2032F-I cameras at another site and not sure these are what I need for the house and garage project. I was looking at the turret or Dome cameras as ameans of covering more area.

I will be running BI ona Dell PowerEdge T20. I will be adding cameras to the rear of the residence at a later date. I’d like to get the front cameras installed and functional first.

I would like to see ifany of you have opinions or ideas for what I’m trying to accomplish.

Thanks

Attachments

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I'd install one to the top-right of the garage (just under the roof) where it meets the house. 2.8mm DS-2CD2332-I to cover garage and driveway.

For the house, top-left just under the roof. DS-2CD2332-I again, 4mm, this will give you coverage of the front area of your property. If you want to cover the actual house, you'll need another camera. Do not put 2.8mm up in the top-left, you'll be able to see but you won't get enough detail should the worst happen.

actruck

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thank you. I have no issue buying a third camera if it will help. If I install them per your recommendation, where should the third camera be installed and which camera should I use in that location?

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I can't see in your photo. I'm assuming there is a door to the right? I would say put a 4mm as far right as possible. That way you have double coverage of some areas from a different angle plus you'll get good details for the other 2 cameras.

actruck

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I can't see in your photo. I'm assuming there is a door to the right? I would say put a 4mm as far right as possible. That way you have double coverage of some areas from a different angle plus you'll get good details for the other 2 cameras.
If you get a chance, could you take a look at the last photos I posted and see what you would recommend for the far right camera based on what you see n the photos? My main concern is the driveway/garage and front door entrance unless you have different idea. Would you still go with the choices you mentioned earlier for the garage and left front corner of the house now that you can see the entire front of the property?

Thanks